As students head back to school, many will return to school with mobile devices, such as smart phones, tablets, and laptops. Although these devices can help students with their schoolwork and stay in touch with family and friends, there are risks associated with using them. However, there are simple steps that can help keep students stay safe while using their mobile devices and getting online.
The National Cybersecurity & Communications Integration Center suggests reviewing the following tips and resources for information to keep students cyber safe:
- Keeping Children Safe Online
- Rethink Cyber Safety Rules and the “Tech Talk” with Your Teens
- Building a Digital Defense for School Kids and Cell Phone Safety
- Stop.Think.Connect. Toolkit
- Stay Safe Online
- Concerned Parent’s Internet Safety Toolbox
Click here for the original article from US-CERT.