While the price tag for a college education has edged down slightly during the pandemic, it’s important to plan ahead to determine how to fund – or partially fund – tuition, fees, room, board and everything else for four (or more) years of undergraduate studies.
Colleges and universities typically report a combined tuition and fees total. The average price of tuition and fees for the 2021-2022 academic year in the United States came to:
- $10,740 at public colleges (for in-state residents)
- $27,560 at public colleges (for out-of-state residents)
- $38,070 at private colleges
For the 2021-2022 academic year, average room and board costs were:
- $13,620 at private colleges
- $11,950 at public colleges
It is important to plan ahead and create a budget for college. Check out the below infographic for more information and tips!