There are many money myths about personal finance and debt affecting millennials. It’s no surprise given the financial state they are facing. Americans owe over $1.4 trillion in student loan debt, which is spread out among nearly 44 million borrowers.
Student loan debit isn’t the only major issue surrounding students and young adults; young Americans (age 25-34) have the second highest rate of bankruptcy. These findings suggest that the younger you are, the tougher your financial situation seems to be.
Unfortunately, not all of it is true. Check out this post from our partners at GreenPath Financial Wellness to learn more about these important facts and myths surrounding millennials. Click here.
As a valued member, we provide you with access to certified financial experts through GreenPath. For issues, ranging from a proactive savings plan to saving a home from foreclosure, advice is only a phone call away.
GreenPath Financial Wellness can:
- Explore options for easing financial stress and achieving financial goals
- Discuss your credit and provide tips for improving your credit score
- Look at student loan repayment options, including the pros and cons
- Discuss debt repayment options
- Assist with housing issues, including purchasing a home, avoiding foreclosure, or reverse mortgages
- Provide you and your family with financial education, through online resources and tools
Contact GreenPath Today! To use this new service, simply call 1-877-337-3399. Hours are Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. (ET), Friday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. You can also visit them at www.greenpathref.com.