October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month. Here are some tips to protect yourself at home and on-the-go!
• Secure your Wi-Fi Network by changing the factory username and password. Your home’s wireless router is the primary entrance for criminals to access your devices.
• Stop auto-connecting outside your home. This instant connection opens the door for cybercriminals to remotely access your devices. Disable these features for networks outside your home.
• Double your login protection. Enable multi-factor authentication (MFA) to ensure you are the only person who has access.
• Maintaining security requires maintenance. The best defense is the latest security software, web browser, and operating systems.
• Keep tabs on your apps. Your mobile device could be filled with suspicious apps running in the background or using default permissions you never realized you approved—gathering your personal information.
• Never click and tell. Limit what information you post on social media, including personal details like your birthday and home address.
Even by following the above practices, you could still find yourself a victim of cybercrime and other forms of identity theft. Remember – tnConnect has you covered! If you are an account holder with our ID Safe coverage, you have Fully Managed Identity Theft Recovery services. Visit here to learn more.